Home | CMR


Font Size


eNewsletter for the Community


Carmel Mountain Ranch Residential Community Association eNewsletter allows homeowners in the community to remain informed by email of news, local community events and last minute updates relevant to their Association. Monthly emails will be sent out with Board meeting information, notification of changes to the website, and information and events of interest to you and your community. You may unsubscribe automatically at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email. Timely emails to your inbox allows for a more active, involved, and informed community.

Enter your email in the box below to subscribe to the E-Newsletter for CMRRCA (via ChimpMonkey). Please contact Walters to ensure your email address is added to your account record so you can receive email notifications.  


Facebook Page!

Please like our new Facebook page


CoyoteSome residents have reported seeing coyotes in and around our community. Recently a coyote killed a resident’s dog.   

Please follow these few simple rules to ensure that coyotes do not become permanent neighbors:

  • Report sightings to local animal control, especially if the animal isn’t easily intimidated by loud noise or bright light or if you see the animal during daylight hours.
  • Do not leave trash bins on the street or set food out. Secure lids on trash and recycling bins.
  • Avoid bird feeders. The aroma attracts scavengers even though they can’t reach the nuts and seeds.
  • Don’t put meat scraps in compost heaps.
  • Don’t let cats and dogs outside unattended, especially at night.
  • Walk your dog on a short leash, at your side, not behind you, at all times. If you encounter a coyote, pick up the dog and walk away.
  • Carry a flashlight, air horn or pepper spray when walking.  If caught unprepared, shout and throw small objects.

Architectural Applications


It is the intent of the Carmel Mountain Ranch Residential Community Association to have architectural control of the dwellings within the association in order to maintain and enhance the appearance and value of the community. A process is in place wherein a homeowner wishing to change the appearance of the exterior of their home or landscaping must first submit their proposed plans to the MAC. The MAC can then approve the plans, approve them with conditions or disapprove them. Please see Section 7.03 of the CC&R's.

Architectural applications can be found here: DESIGN AND REVIEW DOCUMENTS . Once the application form is completed, please mail, fax or email to the Architectural Coordinator listed below.

Walters Management
9665 Chesapeake Drive Suite 300
ATTN: Jennifer Castro
San Diego, CA 92123
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Fax: 858-495-0909

Q: When do I need to submit a Master Architectural Committee (MAC) form?
A: Any time you make changes to exterior of home including building and landscaping. Many changes will also require additional permits from the city. Make sure that all approvals and permits are obtained before work begins.

Q: The golf course property is not being well maintained, what can I do?
A: The CMR Country Club is not a member of the CMR-RCA, therefore the Board can only make requests. If you have complaints, contact the CMR Country Club directly. If no corrections are made, you can contact Neighborhood Code Compliance or complain to the councilmember for the fifth district. You can copy the Board on communications so we know what is happening, but there is little we can do.

Q: I have made a complaint to the property manager and yet nothing is being done. What should I do?
A: First, check with the management company. The process gives people significant time to correct problems before the CMRRCA can start fining people. Second, attend a monthly meeting where the full board is present.

Q: There is a dog in the neighborhood that is barking all the time. What can I do?
A: We ask the homeowner to contact the owner of the dog to let them know there is a problem. Often the owner is not home, so is not aware of the dog barking. If the problem continues, a written complaint must be sent to the management company and they will send a letter to the owner of the lot whose dog is barking. You can contact the San Diego Mediation Center at (619) 238-2400. If mediation is not successful, you can file a complaint with City of San Diego Neighborhood Code Compliance at (619) 236-5500.

Q: How can I report animals running loose in my neighborhood?
A: Call the San Diego County Department of Animal Control 24-hour emergency number, (619) 236-2341, to report incidents involving animals that threaten public health and safety. For lost or found animals that do not pose an immediate threat, call (619) 236-4250 during normal business hours.

Q: There is a problem with the Street light, traffic light, traffic sign, sidewalk, storm drain, pothole, etc. Who do I call?
A: The items listed above are responsibility of the City of San Diego. You can request services online at https://www.sandiego.gov/get-it-done or call (619) 527-7500.


Trash Reminders trashclipart

*Residents are responsible for picking up their own trash left in the common area and disposing of it in the proper containers or receptacles. 

*Large containers and boxes must be broken down and secured before being placed on the street for pickup. 

*Large discarded items, such as old furniture, etc., are the sole responsibility of the homeowner to remove from the premises and dispose of properly. 

*No trash or debris is to be left in any area that is visible to others, such as driveways and common areas. 

*Garbage and trash must be kept in closed, sanitary containers at all times. Placing garbage containers outside for pickup prior to 6:00 p.m. on the night prior to the scheduled pickup is prohibited.   Garbage containers are to be removed within twelve (12) hours after collection. 

Thank you for your assistance and courtesy to neighbors in storing your trash cans hidden from view to include the driveways, side of home and on the sidewalk.



Carmel Mountain residents are reminded to maintain the appearance of the landscaping in their front yards. By keeping your landscaping neat and orderly, you will be enhancing your home, creating a landscape with a strong curb appeal and one that is in harmony with the neighborhood

The summer months require extra watering, mowing and pruning of landscaped areas. A well-maintained lawn can contribute to the overall curb appeal of your property. However, there is more to front yard landscape than simply cutting the grass and trimming. When your grass is dense and vigorous, it will compete effectively against most pests. In many cases, you can achieve and maintain attractive and healthy turf with sound fertilizing, mowing, aeration and weed practices.
Now is a good time to check your irrigation system.
Plant material which has become dried and lifeless should be removed.
Weed flower beds and replace dead plants and trees.
Make sure that you keep your sidewalk and pathway clean and well maintained. Remove weeds. If your sidewalk needs repair due to cracks or flaking, then you need to repair it so that it is safer and visually appealing.
Thank you for your efforts in maintaining the aesthetics of the community and maintaining property values.

Concerned About the Drought? 
Attend a great conference to satisfy your thirst... for knowledge!

The DROUGHT in California is official

Network and learn to manage your landscape water usage successfully with help from some of the state's top water agency conservationists, landscape contractors, and the California Department of Water Resources.

Attend these valuable presentations on topics such as:

  • Current Regional Drought Restrictions
  • Gov. Brown's Drought Mandates
  • Water Budgeting
  • Turf Conversions
  • Regional Rebate Information
  • Hiring Certified & Qualified Irrigation Professionals

Visit vendor booths including the following:

  • Local Water Agencies
  • Local Practicing Water Management Landscape Contractors
  • National Water Efficient Technology Manufacturers & Distributors
  • Local Drought Tolerant Plant Nurseries
  • California Department of Water Resources

Enjoy a BBQ lunch, several raffle prizes and obtain CEUs for your existing industry certifications. 
San Diego Landscape Water Conference

Thursday, August 6, 2015
10 a.m. ? 2:30 p.m.

SDG&E Energy Innovation Center
4760 Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92117
Price is just $20 to attend!

Register Here:


You are here: Home News Hot Topics