Some residents have reported seeing coyotes in and around our community. Recently a coyote killed a resident’s dog.
Please follow these few simple rules to ensure that coyotes do not become permanent neighbors:
- Report sightings to local animal control, especially if the animal isn’t easily intimidated by loud noise or bright light or if you see the animal during daylight hours.
- Do not leave trash bins on the street or set food out. Secure lids on trash and recycling bins.
- Avoid bird feeders. The aroma attracts scavengers even though they can’t reach the nuts and seeds.
- Don’t put meat scraps in compost heaps.
- Don’t let cats and dogs outside unattended, especially at night.
- Walk your dog on a short leash, at your side, not behind you, at all times. If you encounter a coyote, pick up the dog and walk away.
- Carry a flashlight, air horn or pepper spray when walking. If caught unprepared, shout and throw small objects.
Personal Yard Waste In The Common Area
Please do not dispose of personal yard waste, debris, or other refuse over your fence and into the common area.
Homeowners found to be in violation of this policy will have the cost of disposal assessed to their accounts.